[rt-users] RT and customer relations

Ravin Mathoora ravin.mathoora at virtualaccess.com
Mon Aug 22 11:41:49 EDT 2005

Hi Stephan, I see that you have the same problems that I have had. In this
case there is nothing you can do with unprivileged users.

One of the solutions that we achieved is created generic queues, so instead
of using 'customer names', using something like fault type. To avoid
customers searching the queue for all tickets, take away the search
function.

Method 2 is to alter the code so that the customers are created as
'privileged' users but only see the 'unprivileged users'. Because RT is open
source, if you do this, you have to make the source code available to
everyone. If I could program in perl, I would gladly do it.

So far these are the only 2 solutions that I have found.

Best Regards,
Ravin Mathoora