[rt-users] Re: [Rt-devel] Bugs in RT 3.4.2 - Query Builder

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Thu Aug 25 11:58:23 EDT 2005

[Please do _not_ post the same message to rt-bugs, rt-users and
 rt-devel. Almost everyone on rt-devel is also on rt-users and by ccing
 rt-bugs, every reply to your message generates a new ticket.]

On Thu, Aug 25, 2005 at 11:19:40AM -0300, Rodolfo de Moraes Reis wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I've been working with RT 3.4.2 since it was released, and in this period, I identified 2 critical bugs in Query Builder Page.
>
> 1- Error "Can't locate object method "removeChild" via package "root""

This one, I _know_ has been fixed in RT 3.4.3

> 2- Change operator AND to OR (or vice versa)
>
> In a query, I've this scenario:
>   DependedOnBy = '1128'
>   OR id = 755
>   OR Status != 'stalled'
> So, if I try to change the second OR operator (in "OR Status != 'stalled'") to AND, this operation is applied also to the first OR operator (in "OR id = 755") and both are changed to AND. I can bypass this bug (putting some parenthesis using advantage page), although it's "too hard" for end users (you know that ! :))

You need to indent the second bit of the query. If you upgrade to RT
3.4.3, you'll see the parenthesis in the regular view.