[rt-users] Table relations in RT

Ruslan Zakirov ruslan.zakirov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 11:31:30 EDT 2005

On 8/31/05, Hilde T Lauvset Rafaelsen <hilde.rafaelsen at cc.uit.no> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When a new Ticket is created in RT which tables are updated? Is a new item insertet in Principals, CachedGroupMembers, GroupMembers and Groups every time a new ticket is created?
Yes, RT always creates role groups while Ticket creation.

> I have looked at the RT database schema and tried to analyze the relation between all tables, but isn't 100% sure I understand everything. It would have been helpful if I could have looked at an insert example, but I don't know where all the insert, select and delete queries are hide in RT.

Did you see DBSchema on the wiki?

> Hope anyone can help me here.
I think no one can help you becuase we don't know what are you trying
to do. Direct interactions with RT DB are not recommended. RT
development process doesn't guaranty any compatibility of the DB
schema in future versions. RT API is backward-compatible in most
cases.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.