[rt-users] Attchement Size issue

Labonte, Phil phil.labonte at transcore.com
Wed Aug 31 15:17:36 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I get the following error when replying to a ticket and adding a
document:

RT: Attachment insert failed - Got a packet bigger than
'max_allowed_packet' bytes
(/usr/local/rt3/lib/RT/Attachment_Overlay.pm:217)

JUST TO CLARIFY: this does not happen when an attachment is coming in to
RT (that works fine) this is when we reply to a ticket from within RT
and Attach a document.

So I set the following:  Set($MaxInlineBody, 13456000);

And also set: Set($MaxAttachmentSize , 10000000);

And I have restarted httpd, and still the attachments are getting droped
when we reply.

The attachment we are adding is 1.5MB

Is there another config file or variable I need to change?

Thanks.