[rt-users] What's the best Linux Distro?

Ramon Kagan rkagan at yorku.ca
Fri Dec 2 12:38:49 EST 2005

Greetings,

I don't think any linux distro is better than the other for what you are
looking for.  It is more about which you are more comfortable with.  If
you will be installing RT on your own (i.e. not using the distro version
even if available) then your choice is a matter of which distro you
prefer.  I have run RT on Debian, Ubuntu, Redhat and SUSE, all installed
manually rather than using debs, rpm or the like.  They are all equally
successful.

Ramon Kagan, GCIA
Acting Manager, Information Security
Computing and Network Services
York University, Toronto, Canada

I have not failed.  I have just	       I don't know the secret to success,
found 10,000 ways that don't work.     but the secret to failure is
 				       trying to please everybody.
 	- Thomas Edison				- Bill Cosby