[rt-users] What's the best Linux Distro?

Jan Hudec bulb at ucw.cz
Fri Dec 2 16:37:25 EST 2005

On Fri, Dec 02, 2005 at 12:38:49 -0500, Ramon Kagan wrote:
> I don't think any linux distro is better than the other for what you are
> looking for.  It is more about which you are more comfortable with.  If
> you will be installing RT on your own (i.e. not using the distro version
> even if available) then your choice is a matter of which distro you
> prefer.  I have run RT on Debian, Ubuntu, Redhat and SUSE, all installed
> manually rather than using debs, rpm or the like.  They are all equally
> successful.

However if you DO want to use packages, than Debian (and Ubuntu which is
a Debian clone) have packages ready and very easy to install, while the
packages for RedHat are not as easy and I am not aware of any packages for
SuSE. In addition IMHO Debian layout of perl packages seems to be a bit more
reasonable than the one in RedHat and SuSE.

--
						 Jan 'Bulb' Hudec <bulb at ucw.cz>