[rt-users] RT 3.4.4 , ACLs and privacy

Todd Chapman todd at chaka.net
Sun Dec 4 08:47:52 EST 2005

On Sun, Dec 04, 2005 at 10:22:50AM +0100, Maxime Levasseur wrote:

> >>I'm a little bit less lost now but my problem isn't solved.
> >>My problem is here, i have this ACL for my queue :
> >>
> >>A- System Groups / Privileged : Create ticket - Reply to ticket - See
> >>queue
> >>B- Roles / Requestor Rights => See Queue - Show ticket - Reply to ticket
> >>C- User Defined groups / Customers ==> See Queue - Create tickets.
> >>
> >>Problem is rule C. If I add the 'Show Ticket' permission, customer A
> >>will see tickets from cust B, cust C ... and if i don't cust A won't see
> >>its own tickets anymore  (when they are owned by someone else ... a
> >>technical staff member for example )
> >>

> >>If someone here use a single queue for several users without any privacy
> >>problem,  please give me the acl's : )
> >
> >I've checked this and it works, at least user could find his tickets.
> >May be you mean that "Quick search" list of queues is empty?
> >

> Thanks for your time Ruslan, Todd
>
> You're absolutely right : user can find his tickets, and only his
> tickets will appear ... AND 'Quick search' list of queues is empty ? How
> to explain it ( the requestor is allowed to 'See queue' ) ? How can i
> change it to make my user happy by viewing his tickets in the Quick
> Search list ?
>
> Thanks again.

If you give the user SeeQueue, the number shown in Quick Search will
not be the number of his tickets, but all tickets in the queue. But
the user will not be able to see the actual tickets for the other
users. If that is OK, you need to give SeeQueue to each user specifically,
or to Unprivileged users.

-Todd