[rt-users] Comment on Resolve, rather than Reply on Resolve?

Ken Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Wed Dec 14 15:12:57 EST 2005

Stephen,

    I don't think a "global" policy or configuration on how to notify a
user about a resolution is something that would benefit RT. If RT did
that, I'd just have to make modifcations to undo it. Your site may not
always want the same policy you currently think should apply. Global
resolutions remove flexibility. That makes it more complicated when the
"global" policy needs a change. We allow each Queue administrator to set
the limits for their users via ROLES and GROUP rights, along with scrips
applied to individual queues. This allows for the company to be flexible
on how each Department/Queue/group handles their business. As the System
administrator, I don't have the headache of all of that, I just give
advice to the Queue Admins on the options they have on handling a
problem. Hope this helps you.

Kenn