[rt-users] best resources for understanging permissions for users, groups and queues

Duncan Shannon dshannon at techfluent.com
Thu Dec 15 11:30:05 EST 2005

	Hi All-

Im needing to be more granular and careful about permissions (with 20 or
so queues) compared to before it was just 2 or 3.

Im more than happy to RTFM, but I goggled around a bit and checked the
wiki, but don't feel I ever found a 'definitive guide to RT permissions'
(sorry if I missed it)

Can someone point me to a guide for permissions?

Specifically, I want to achieve:

1) Several queues (2 per client, 10 clients lets say) That is done.

2) groups of users (staff) that have access to the appropriate queues
(customers that they do work for) to do normal ticket work (create,
edit, update, resolve etc) So far, I picture one group per client, and
then give rights on clients queues to the client group

That is the basics of what I need to do..

I'd love to figure out a way to give the mgmt of our clients a way to
login and see all the tix that their end users have created in our
system... but that can be a battle for another day.

TIA.

duncan