[rt-users] best resources for understanging permissions for users, groups and queues

Ken Crocker KFCrocker at lbl.gov
Fri Dec 16 15:40:20 EST 2005

Duncan,

     I have had the same problem here. We have over 30 queues and I am
currently developing an administration guide for Queue administraors to
show the various methods of setting up roles/groups/users rights so
users get replies, watchers see e_mail, and workers can take, modify,
comment, close, etc. while at the same time not letting certain users or
workers interfere with what's going on in Queues they don't work with
and to eliminate the redundancy that comes with the RT flexibility. I'm
almost done with it, and that includes adminstrating custom field ticket
rights per queue as well as scrips. If anyone is really interested, I'd
be glad to send a copy. For our administrators, we require they read our
USER Guide first. We also are developing a SYSTEM Administrator guide as
well  (including panel/page example displays, etc.).

Kenn