[rt-users] rt acting slow and timing out upon replys

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Thu Dec 15 13:38:57 EST 2005

On Dec 14, 2005, at 5:19 PM, Nick Anderson wrote:

> Also rt just seems a bit slow when dealing with any ticket
> modifications. The
> box is no slug its a dual xeon 3 Ghz with 4 Gig ram.

I have a dedicated Xeon EM64T 3.0GHz with 1GB RAM just for my ~900Mb
RT database and web server (running FastCGI) and occasionally get
timeouts  on creating a ticket.  I can't understand why creating a
ticket should take > 2 minutes sometimes.   My DB is postgres 8.0.4.

Sometimes updates take a long time too.  It is just wierd -- almost
as if the whole DB is locked for some operations (does it do silly
things like that on non-mysql setups?)