[rt-users] Create ticket mail loop

Mike Patterson mikep at uclink.berkeley.edu
Thu Dec 15 15:47:38 EST 2005

Vivek,

I created a "nomail" queue that had no scrips that created
correspondence (which of course means unassigning all of the default
scrips and recreating individually for each queue).
Stopping sendmail or whatever email daemon you use will give you a
chance to breathe as well.

Whenever someone would used a horribly stupid vacation rule that messed
up the headers (like used to happen all the time on an older version of
GroupWise), I'd move the ticket to that queue. At one point we also had
procmail use regex matching for things that sounded like vacation mail
subject lines and put vacation sounding messages in that queue
automatically.
Procmail also redirects tagged spam to that queue as well (why write
back spammers and potentially verify your address?).

Good luck.

Mike

--
Mike Patterson