[rt-users] Create ticket mail loop

Vivek Khera vivek at khera.org
Thu Dec 15 13:46:14 EST 2005

On Dec 15, 2005, at 8:34 AM, Victor Geere wrote:

> How do I halt this problem in the short term?  How do I prevent
> this from happening in future?

Short term: you either temporarily remove your autorespond scrip or
you block the sender at the mail server until the loop is broken.

Long term:

RT really needs a built-in autoresponder squelch system.  We get into
autoresponder wars on occasion.  If we're lucky they have the
original subject so they all go to the same ticket... once we burned
thru like 20k tickets before we could stop it.