[rt-users] Bugzilla IDs href'd in a custom field?

Stephen Turner sturner at MIT.EDU
Mon Dec 19 10:05:02 EST 2005

At Monday 12/19/2005 09:01 AM, Toby Darling wrote:
>Hi
>
>I'm trying to make the bugzilla IDs we put in tickets more visible,
>by putting them into a custom field. That in itself isn't a problem, but
>making clickable URLs out of them is proving more dificult.
>
>I've modified RT::ObjectCustomFieldValue->Content to turn a {4,6} digit
>number into:
>    '<a href="...">xxxx</a>'
>but something between that and the browser is turning it into
>    '<a href"...'.
>
>Anyone any idea where the conversion is taking place, or how I could
>protect it? Or has anyone done this sort of bugzilla integration in
>another way? Could I use a callback to achieve this?
>
>(We're already using a variation of
>http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?ClickableLinks but additional
>correspondence makes the links less visible)
>
>Cheers
>Toby

Toby,

Probably not a good idea to mix HTML into the perl API. Any kind of
interface (web, email, perl script etc.) should be able to use the API and
get sensible data. I'd recommend putting your code into the Mason component
that displays the custom field.

Steve