[rt-users] rt-mailgate: Only root can create Ticket

Markus.Scheffknecht at t-systems.com Markus.Scheffknecht at t-systems.com
Thu Feb 3 02:52:52 EST 2005

Hi everyone,

I install RT 3.2.2 on Solaris 9 on x86 with qmail as a SMTP server. The request tracker systems works pretty fine, but I got some problems with the creation of tickets by email. Whenever I send a ticket to the email adresse I get the following error message:

An Error Occurred

When I try (as root):

cat mail.txt | /usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate -action correspond -queue help -https://rt.domain.com

It works fine, the ticket is created, .....

Trying the same command as an different user => same problem as before

My idea is that there is a problem with the permissions so I set the rights for perl to 0777. I did the same for the SSL directory.

I hope anyone has an idea to solve my problem

Markus Scheffknecht