[rt-users] Localization Problems RT 3.2.2 and 3.4.0

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Mon Feb 7 09:01:52 EST 2005

On Mon, Feb 07, 2005 at 01:16:57PM +0100, Vajk Pter wrote:
> Hi,
>

> 1. On the 'RT at a glance' page the list of 10 newest unowned tickets is
> broken, all entries are shown in one line. The problem seems to be the
> localization of the 'Take' link, which does not appear at all in German
> or Hungarian. If I change that string to something without accented
> characters (in hu.po or de.po), the list looks normal again.

What version of perl are you using?

> 2. The ticket status in the list popping up after clicking on a queue
> name in the Quick Search block is in English. All other occurences of
> the status are translated, as far as I can tell.

3.2 definitely had some issues. I'd thought that 3.4 was better on this
point. Can you describe exactly where you're seeing this issue? (I can't
quite reproduce it)

> 3. A more general question regarding the Hungarian translation: we did
> the first hu.po file and as we also would like to keep using RT, we are
> planning to upgrade it at least once a year. However the hu.po file came
> with empty translations in 3.2.2 and 3.4.0 which does not really make
> our life easier. How could we help to keep this file up to date?

What you should do is:

	cd /opt/rt3/lib/RT/I18N/
	cp hu.po hu.po.orig
	Edit hu.po to add the new translations