[rt-users] auto-close tickets after X amount of time

Jonathan Reeder jreeder at minutemenu.com
Mon Feb 14 11:54:56 EST 2005

I have a ton of tickets that get sent in, picked up by a staff member,
replied to with a suggestion, and then the requestor never takes the time to
write back and say "Thanks that worked" or "Its fixed" or anything like that
to let us know that the ticket can be closed.  So what I'd like to do is set
something up so that if a ticket goes 48 hours without a reply from the
requestor (if the owner is not nobody and a reply has been made to the
requestor) then the ticket gets automatically closed.  What would also be
nice would be if I could set it up such that an email was sent after 12
hours of no activity saying "If you don't reply to this ticket in 36 hours,
it will automatically be closed."

Anyone done anything like this?