[rt-users] Config Issue, Apache won't start - need help please

Dayton Jones djones at proofpoint.com
Wed Feb 16 18:44:20 EST 2005

I've just installed RT 3.4.1, but I'm having an issue with Apache.

I'm running Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon Update 4) and
Apache/2.0.53, mod_perl 2.0, perl 5.8.3.  When I try to restart apache
it fails.

If I comment out the following lines in httpd.conf:
   PerlModule Apache::DBI
   PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl

apache will start but of course RT will not run.  The error that
apachectl displays is:

/usr/local/bin/apachectl: line100: 1214 Segmentation fault   $HTTPD -k
$ARGV

<VirtualHost *:80>
   ServerName <my site>
   DocumentRoot /opt/rt3/share/html
   ServerAdmin webmaster at nakedbox.net
   ErrorLog logs/rt-error_log
   CustomLog logs/rt-access_log common

   PerlModule Apache::DBI
   PerlRequire /opt/rt3/bin/webmux.pl
<Directory /opt/rt3/share/html>
   AllowOverride All
   Options ExecCGI FollowSymLinks
  <IfModule mod_access.c>
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
  </IfModule>
</Directory>

<Location />
  RewriteEngine On
  RedirectMatch permanent (.*)/$ $1/index.html
  AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Location>