[rt-users] Help w/ Status Change Scrip

Matthew Hartwell mhartwel at lanier.com
Wed Feb 23 08:33:48 EST 2005

Good Morning List,

Running on RT 3.4.0, we've created a new status called "Migrate" that we
plan on using to alert the queue Administrators that an issue has been
fixed and some code needs to be migrated to production to implement the
fix. I was going to use the default OnStatusChange condition for the
scrip, but I really want to send this particular email only when the
status has been changed to Migrate. I wrote the following custom
condition, but it seems to trigger the email when the status is changed to
or from migrate.

my $ticket = $self->TicketObj;
if ($ticket->Status eq 'migrate')  {
    return(1);
}
else {
    return(undef);
}

Can anyone offer advice on what I should be doing differently?

Thanks,

Matthew T. Hartwell
Senior Systems Analyst
Lanier Worldwide, Inc.