[rt-users] mysql 2 postgres w/ binary attachments

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Wed Feb 23 16:56:51 EST 2005

I'm looking to move an RT install from mysql to postgres.  The
instructions in the wiki work well, but they warn about problems with
binary attachments and when doing the inserts into postgres sure enough
there are warnings about unicode mappings.

I'd like to work/hack around the problem but I'm not sure exactly what
the issue is to be worked around.  Can anybody clarify?

I also remember seeing a message at one point which talked about
serializing the data into a database-agnostic form for an upgrade,
which seems like a good path for this, but I can't seem to find
information on that now that I need it.

Thanks,
-Bill
-----
bill at bfccomputing.com           Mobile: 603.252.2606
http://www.bfccomputing.com/    Pager: 603.442.1833
AIM: wpmcgonigle                Skype: bill_mcgonigle