[rt-users] Notify owner unless they are already an AdminCc

Mike Patterson mikep at uclink.berkeley.edu
Tue Jan 11 01:26:03 EST 2005

On one of my queues,  the Developers only see correspondence on the
tickets that they own.

But one of the developers has to take the role of watcher for the queue
(to manage workflow).
When the watcher owns the ticket they get two copies of correspondence.

Any tips on customizing a template so that they only get 1 copy?

The scrips that currently send 1 copy each to watcher/owner.
On Correspond Notify AdminCcs with template Admin correspondence
On Correspond Notify Owner with template Admin correspondence

The default Admin correspondence template looks like this:
RT-Attach-Message: yes

{$Transaction->Content()}

I'd like to create a modified template that does something like:
if they're not an AdminCc or Cc
then email them

and I'd add this logic check on the template I'd call that notifiies owner.

I'd greatly appreciate your suggestions.

My Build:
FreeBSD 4.11 / RT 3.2.2 / Perl 5.8.4 / Apache 1.33 Modssl  / Mod_Perl
1.29 / Sendmail 8.13.1/