[rt-users] Easily assigning "requestor" a username rather tha n an email

Andy Harrison aharrison at gmail.com
Thu Jan 13 15:48:39 EST 2005

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 08:56:44 -0500, Matt Hanley <MHANLEY at cxtec.com> wrote:
> > address, I'll be all set.  Thanks a bunch for the heads-up.
>
> Not to confuse you with another option, but we ran into the same problem
> here.  Since we have a known set of users, we prepopulate the Requestor
> field with a drop down list that's generated from an SQL query.  The
> displayed value is the full name and the value passed to RT is the email
> address.  No typing, no confusion.

That's a pretty painful way to populate it.  Especially if there's a
schema change or something.  You could put something right in the
mason page.

% my $UsersObj = RT::Users->new( $RT::SystemUser );
% $UsersObj->LimitToEnabled;
% $UsersObj->LimitToPrivileged;
% while ( my $CurUserObj = $UsersObj->Next ) {
    < your html tags ><% $CurUserObj->Name %> < / your html tags >
% }

Then it's live information, not something prepopulated.

--
Andy Harrison