[rt-users] Re: AD Integration

seph seph at directionless.org
Sun Jan 16 19:52:13 EST 2005

> Anyway, what would be **really** nice for us is to have RT utilize AD
> for its client database - all of our client contact details are stored
> in AD (Exchange 2003) and we don't really relish the thought that if we
> implement RT here (and it looks REALLY likely) we'll then have 2 totally
> unrelated client databases that will have the tendency to get out of
> sync.

2 ways to do this, you can look at the big ldap user patch, which
moves uses an external ldap store for the user info (and AD is just
ldap). Or, you could write some sort of export and sync tool to sync
the RT accounts to the AD masters.

You'll probably also want to look at using RT's external auth, and
having apache auth against AD. Either by ldap, or with mod_auth_kerb
if you're feeling slick.

seph