[rt-users] Rt 3.2.2/RTFM -- Multiple replies per article inclusion?

Daniel Porowski dporowski at myrio.com
Mon Jan 17 13:24:35 EST 2005

Hi, I'm integrating RTFM into our RT 3.2.2 installation, and I'm running
into an odd problem.

When I attempt to include an article into a ticket, I hit "Reply", then an
article search term, hit "Go", hit "Go" again to include it into the body of
the ticket, then hit "Update" to lock down my changes.

This seems to add four replies to my ticket.  One blank, two with only the
subject line included, then one with the actual included body of the
article.

This is...  Suboptimal.  I have to hit "Go" to search for the article, and I
have to hit "Go" to inline it; otherwise I get no article in my ticket.  It
appears that each time I do that, it's actually updating the ticket, which
seems a bit odd.

My article is a one-field article, the field is TextSimple, and it doesn't
seem to matter what ticket I attach to or what class the article is a member
of.  This behavior happens nowhere else in RT that I can find, though I have
noticed that if I switch from "Comment" to "Reply" on a ticket--for instance
if I just clicked the wrong thing, say--it also adds a blank item of
correspondence.  This, I feel, is similar enough to note, perhaps, but not
necessarily related.

Anyone seen anything similar to this, or run into this issue?

(Oh, it's RedHat EL with some Core 3 updates, MySQL 4.1, and the latest
RT/RTFM release tarballs available.)

--

Daniel Porowski
dporowski at myrio.com