[rt-users] display custom field on 'at a glance' page

Andy Harrison aharrison at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 06:57:17 EST 2005

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 16:44:28 +0800, Stephen Fung <stephen at hknet.com> wrote:
> I am evaluating RT 3.2.2 but found that there is no longer an 'Area'
> field for a queue. I tried to simulate it by using custom field on queue.
>
> My question is, how can I display this field on the 'at a glance'
> summary page? Since it is not a global custom field, I cannot just copy
> the MyRequests and MyTickets to the local directory and modify them to
> include 'CustomField.Area' in the 'Format' string.
>
> Any solution or example code?

You're asking to display queue-specific information in a
non-queue-specific form.  Not a good idea.  But as long as you're
created a MyReq page that contains only tickets from a specific queue,
you can use something like:

my $CustomField = $QueueObj->CustomField( ..your_cf_id.. );

Then you can just print $CustomField->Name or any of the other
accessible methods.

--
Andy Harrison