[rt-users] Group Saved-Search Privileges

Stephen Hancock sh.hancock at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 12:28:14 EST 2005

I have also been trying these rights out and am confused. We would
like to give one group of users the ability to create saved searches
only under 'My Saved Searches' and another goup with the ability to
save under the 'My GroupName Saved Searches'. We would like both
groups to have the ability to load and see both (Their own and group
defined SavedSearches). The idea being that we don't want working
group searches changed by a user who is testing something. I thought
that since the rights were in the global as well as the group (edit
and show) that we might be able to do this. However I have been unable
to distinguish how these rights work differently (from global or group
levels against a defined user group). It seems that if any of the four
rights is enabled in either place it applies to both categories
equally.

So I have two questions: Is is possible to restrict group edits and
creates and still allow a user to create/edit in 'My Saved Searches'.
and how to the two locations with the rights differ?