[rt-users] Creating a ticket externally

Brandon brandon-l at wyops.com
Mon Jan 31 13:12:26 EST 2005

Good Morning List,

I have searched through the list archives trying to gather information on
the project I'm working on, but the results have been rather inconclusive.

What I'm trying to do is create a ticket externally to RT (eg, the software
residing on another machine needs to create a ticket in RT on the machine
running RT).

What I have figured out is I don't want to add the data directly into the
database. I want to use RT's API to create the ticket.

So working from a remote machine, I assume I should be able to install the
Perl modules associated with RT to do this?

I hope I wouldn't have to do a full install of RT remotely.  Has anyone
done anything like this, or could point to a bit of information on how to
do this?  Any help would be appreciated.

Brandon