[rt-users] Does RT start threshing if mysql has a problem.

Pei Ku pku at autotradecenter.com
Mon Jan 31 14:48:50 EST 2005

Hi,

We are running RT 3.2.2 with Apache 2.0.52, mod_perl, and MySQL 4.10 on FreeBSD 4.10.

Over the wkend, RT showed that it created about half dozen tickets for the same new request submitted by a user via email.  This morning, RT web interface is not working all.

I logged on the rt server (where mysql resides as well).  'top' showed mysql is at 100% cpu.  Since my priority was to get RT back online asap, I simply bounced mysql and RT without trying to figure out why mysql was going crazy.  Everything seemed to be back to normal after the bounce.

During the post-mortem investigation, the user confirmed that he only sumbitted the new request via email once over the wkend.  There is no reason to think he is BSing me, so I suspect that RT has some logic of trying to create the same ticket many times if the db is slow/hanging.  Can anyone shed some light on this?

thx

Pei