[rt-users] User privileges

Steve Finkelstein sf at isprime.com
Fri Jul 1 13:49:22 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I have a brief question regarding user privileges.  Does every user
who e-mails the ticketing system absolutely need an account created
in order to open a ticket?  Isn't this in a way a possible breach of
security?  Is there a way to have the system not use this form of
verification, just open all tickets from any e-mail?  We're perfectly
fine with responding by means of e-mail without having the user to
login to the system.

If the system absolutely requires to create an account with RT in
order to open tickets, is there a way to automatically create users
upon incoming of a unique e-mail address?  Any direction would be
appreciated.

S.