[rt-users] Offline Edits Documentation Anywhere?

John Kaczala johnk at upocnetworks.com
Thu Jul 7 21:58:39 EDT 2005

Hi,

            I wrote in a few weeks ago regarding pre-populating my RT
database with information that I'm currently tracking in a spreadsheet.
Someone (thanks, Steve) suggested using the "Tools => Offline Edits"
functionality.  I'm finally at the point where I'm looking into how to
do that, but can't seem to find any documentation on the feature.
Specifically, my questions are:

-Is it possible to populate a custom field?  If so, how do I do so?  I
don't know what my fields are stored as in the back-end DB, but they're
called "Target Release" "LOE", and so on.  I imagine the back-end fields
don't have spaces in them, but am not sure how to set up the template.
-What format does my upload file need to be in?  I think it's a text
file, but I don't know how it should be delimited, etc.  I'd rather use
an Excel spreadsheet, but in any case my guess is that the fields in my
file need to match up with the fields in the template.

            Any assistance you can provide will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your help...

-John

Running RT 3.4.2 on Slackware

--