[rt-users] SquelchMailTo ticket attribute

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at rogers.com
Fri Jul 8 00:01:37 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 14:47 +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:
> Okay, found it.  There are two submission buttons, "Update Ticket" and
> "Save changes" (with inconsistent capitalization, BTW).  Obviously,
> someone ticked a few email addresses and hit "Save changes".
>
> Maybe it's just me, but I find this user interface confusing,
> especially because RT doesn't usually offer two separate forms which
> can be used to make different changes/updates.  Maybe some UI update
> could fix this.

Yeah, I don't like that either.  It's confusing and not quite clear at
first.

I've personally always stuck with "Update Ticket" because I've always
assumed that "Save changes" meant a permanent change would be made (e.g.
don't ever send replies to a particular watcher).  Usually, I don't want
to do this.

However, once you know how the buttons work, it's not so bad, even if
figuring it out in the first place might be a little difficult. :)

Regards,

Ranbir
--
Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu