[rt-users] Re: Sending duplicate RT queries to the same ticket?

seph seph at directionless.org
Fri Jul 8 16:57:08 EDT 2005

>   I'm looking for a way to have multiple ticket e-mail submissions
> all end up on the same ticket whenever the To:, From:, and Subject:
> fields are all identical and they are all sent within X hours from
> each other.
>
>   Here's a hypothetical example that illustrates a situation similar
> to what I'm dealing with:

You example is about NOC software. I'd probably do this by using a
custom interface between the NOC software and RT. Assuming the NOC
software has some sort of incident-id, I'd create a CF to hold the id,
and have the noc software check to see if anything exists. Then append
or create appropriately.

seph