[rt-users] Installation guides(was: mod_perl2 compatibility)

Ruslan U. Zakirov Ruslan.Zakirov at miet.ru
Mon Jul 11 17:16:10 EDT 2005

Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:
> Christopher Allison wrote:
>
>>On Jul 11, 2005, at 7:39 PM, Ruslan U. Zakirov wrote:
>>

>>>Main thing you HAVE TO do before you init your RT DB is set up password
>>>of the RT database user.
>>

>>Snip-snip
>>

>>>You can use ./configure arguments --with-db-rt-user and
>>>--with-db-rt-pass to setup it, then you don't need to change config
>>>file, because RT_Config.pm would be filled with your new values instead
>>>of the defaults.
>>

>>Snip-snip
>>

>>>Please, apply some changes to instalation guides. IMHO easiest way is
>>>configure script options.
After I think a little bit more about this I change my mind.
Easiest way and right thing to do is change RT_SiteConfig.pm just after
you done `make install` and set $DatabaseUser and $DatabasePassword in
it manually. This will save from accident password losses while RT
update/upgrade.

I've updated wiki page
http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?RHEL4InstallGuide

Also you don't want to `cp RT_Config.pm RT_SiteConfig.pm` because if
some default values will change in new RT versions to more correct
values then you wouldn't get this changes while update/upgrade.