[rt-users] Changing queue name: what's the consequences?

Matt England mengland at mengland.net
Tue Jul 12 08:34:00 EDT 2005

>You only have to change places where you use queue name direct instead
>of id. For example in scrips. RT Core code uses IDs so name changing is
>transparent.

I'm trying to build a comprehensive list of these "places."  Here's a start:

Scrips
.forward/.qmail files
SavedSearches (? pending question)
URLs (? pending question)

Anything else?

Also: can I substitute the internal queue IDs (for queue names) in any of
these places so these things/places can be more flexible?

>You can leave old alias for some time(with new queue name as argument)
>and add another one, then hide old email address from all public
>resources. After some sane time you can drop old alias.

Thanks for the tip.  The email management side is the easy part for me; I'm
familiar with email-system-management, aliasing old email addrs, etc.  I'm
new to RT, so I'm trying to figure out all the associated RT management
logistics.

-Matt