[rt-users] Changing queue name: what's the consequences?

Ruslan U. Zakirov Ruslan.Zakirov at miet.ru
Tue Jul 12 08:28:01 EDT 2005

Matt England wrote:
> What are the consequences of changing a queue name?
>
> ie:
>
> * What other things do I need to change to make things work?
> * Do any pre-existing URLs break?
> * Will pre-existing saved searches with that queue name break?
> * etc?
>
> I see I need to change the "|/usr/local/rt3/bin/rt-mailgate --queue" in
> my .forward/.qmail files.  There may be some human confusion along with
> this when the email address associated with a queue no longer matches
> the queue name (if one had that set up in the first place).
You only have to change places where you use queue name direct instead
of id. For example in scrips. RT Core code uses IDs so name changing is
transparent.

You can leave old alias for some time(with new queue name as argument)
and add another one, then hide old email address from all public
resources. After some sane time you can drop old alias.