[rt-users] Perl Module Problems

Ruslan U. Zakirov Ruslan.Zakirov at miet.ru
Tue Jul 12 18:02:33 EDT 2005

Chris Berry wrote:
> Ok, thanks to to Phil Homewood and Ruslan Zakirov I was able to fix all
> the perl module problems except one.  I'm still having difficulty with
> Apache::Session
>
> So far I tried installing libdb4.2-devel, flex, and Apache::DB based on
> various posts that I read concerning the problem, but that doesn't seem
> to have helped much.  Here's what looks like the relevant portions:
>
> t/99dbfile.........Can't locate DB_File.pm in @INC
> t/99dbfilestore....Can't locate DB_File.pm in @INC
>
> This started after I installed Apache::DB, though it was being skipped
> before so I guess I'm making some kind of progress.
>
> [root at hermes /usr/local/src/rt-3.4.2]$ slocate DB_File.pm
> /root/.cpan/build/Apache-Session-1.6/Session/Store/DB_File.pm
> /root/.cpan/build/Apache-Session-1.6/Session/DB_File.pm
> /root/.cpan/build/Apache-Session-1.6/blib/lib/Apache/Session/Store/DB_File.pm
>
> /root/.cpan/build/Apache-Session-1.6/blib/lib/Apache/Session/DB_File.pm
>
> not sure why it can't find what it needs, and I wasn't sure which one
> it's looking for.
Module is looking for DB_File.pm in the @INC. I don't know why
Apache::Session tries to run this tests if module is not installed. I
think it's looking for http://search.cpan.org/~pmqs/DB_File-1.811/ so
you can install it if you want, but AFAIK RT doesn't use this module.

> t/99flex...........skipped
>         all skipped: no reason given
>
> Not sure why this is happening since I have flex installed now.
RT doesn't use Flex.

> t/99postgres.......skipped
>         all skipped: no reason given
>
> I have postgresql installed so this shouldn't be skipped.
May be it's not running or you need to specify some options to enable
this tests.