[rt-users] [ANNOUNCE] RTx-Shredder 0.01_03 has entered CPAN

Ruslan U. Zakirov Ruslan.Zakirov at miet.ru
Thu Jul 14 09:08:06 EDT 2005

	Hello, rt-users.

Much water has flowed under the bridges since then I announced
RTx-Shredder releases.

Here is new one development release with three major features:
	* 3.4 support, 3.(0..2).x support dropped
	* test suite
	* sqldump that allow restore data

Test suite uses SQLite backend and standalone DBs, so your production
DBs wouldn't be corrupted while testing.

*WARNING: Please, wait for stable releases, don't run anything except
_test suite_ on your production servers.*

I hope that rt-users help me write tests. Test suite is *very important*
thing for RTx-Shredder distribution, much important then for any other
distribution, because if we have good test suite then we could be shure
for XX% that shredder wouldn't break our RTs.

You can help me with any feedback you have.

Changes since 0.01
v0.01_03
        * WARN: rtx-validator may fails, I don't update it
        * fix: ObjectCFV issues
        * fea: tests framework!!!
        * upd: basic tests
        * upd: 00skeleton.t file
        * fea: shredder dies if some methods are redefined
               this is done to be forward compatible
               and die before we could break something
        * upd: Todo changes

v0.01_02
        * WARN: basic RT >= 3.4.x support
        * fix: Users shredding was not loaded at all
        * fea: --force, never ask questions, for cron users
        * fea: --sqldump, Shredder generates INSERT queries
                that allow you restore DB after shredding
        * inv: When delete users from groups we should delete delegated
rights
        * fix: SYNOPSYS in Shredder.pm has bad example
        * fix: User should delete itself from GroupMembers and from Cached
        * fix: CachedGroupMember should delete other CGMs that are 'Via'
current
        * upd: New documentation, README should be more clean
        * fea: get rid of configure script and all .in files
               now we use Module::Install::Substitute
        * upd: rtx-shredder args parsing cleanup
        * upd: Distribution doesn't require Getopt::Simple any more
        * fea: new --object option for rtx-shredder script
        * fix: Transactions, ObjectCustomFieldValues, Attributes are handled

v0.01_01
        * WARN: this is last version you can use with RT 3.0.x
        * fix: validator now works