[rt-users] User can see other people tickets

Gavin Henry ghenry at suretecsystems.com
Tue Jul 19 05:44:02 EDT 2005

<quote who="Phil Homewood">
> Gavin Henry wrote:
>> However, if they put in a ticket number that is not their own, in the Go
>> box, they can see that ticket (which is in the same queue).
>>
>> Should they be able to see a ticket that is not their own?
>
> Not unless you give them the right to do so...

I have set no rights globally, the only rights I have set relate to the
only two queues we have.

The only group given rights (except a staff group) is everyone, which have:

CreateTicket
ReplyToTicket
SeeQueue

That's it.

If I enable an automatically created user to log in, they can "Go To
Ticket" and put in ticket #1 etc. and see tickets that are not theirs.

Most however, do say "Permission Denied", but some don't.

>> I would have thought that you should only be able to select a ticket
>> that you
>> created, no?
>
> If that's how your rights are set up, yes. :-) Perhaps your
> Everyone (or (Un)Privileged) group has some rights it shouldn't
> have, either globally or at the queue level?

See above.