[rt-users] About the Comment Address in queues

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Thu Jul 28 01:08:59 EDT 2005

On Wed, 2005-07-27 at 21:18, Howard Kao wrote:
> I do have a line for --action comment along with a --action correspond
> line for a queue.  It's just that, without knowing the specific format
> for RT to match incoming email headers to record the email as a
> comment to a specific ticket, my rt-mailgate line with --action
> comment will make a new ticket instead.  Can you point to me where in
> the docs says about this?  Thanks.

I'm not sure where it is in the docs, but it should be obvious
if you've seen an email sent by RT.  The subject line
has: [rtname #nnnn] prepended to the original subject
where rtname is what you set in RT_SiteConfig.pm for
$rtname and nnnn is the ticket number. Mail replies that
keep that intact in the subject of the reply will be
added to the existing ticket which stays in its current
queue regardless of the queue specified by the alias receiving
it.

But just to make sure the earlier point is clear: the
function of the Comment Address that you can set per
queue is just to supply a 'From:' address on email that
will direct replies back to an alias that has the
--action comment.  With a normal setup the default will
work since the queue specified in the alias is ignored
when the ticket exists, but you may want to use different
names that relate to different queues for reasons other
than functionality.

--
  Les Mikesell
    les at futuresource.com