[rt-users] Upgrading from 2.0.13 to 3.4.1

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Thu Jul 28 23:29:20 EDT 2005

Les Mikesell wrote:
> Based on some earlier messages on this list I got the impression
> that you have to install RT 3.2.3 to import the files dumped
> by the rt2-to-rt3 tool, then upgrade that to 3.4.x applying
> the database updates as described in the README to get to
> the current schema.

If you grab the latest rt2-to-rt3 code from the repository, it *should*
let you successfully upgrade from 2.0.x to 3.4 (or even 3.5).  No
promises, but a first past test using data from rt.cpan.org looked to be
successful.  I'd try it out and see if it works for you.

One thing to watch out for, make sure the mysqld variable
max_packet_size is set to a suitably high value or else your
import/export might die early.

Cheers,
Tom