[rt-users] NotifyActor ignored for Notify Owner

Dan Fulbright dan+rt-users-list at dan.tulsa.ok.us
Thu Jun 9 00:56:16 EDT 2005

When I "Take" a ticket, I get an e-mail that says, for example:

Transaction: Given to supportguy by supportguy

The problem is, I'm supportguy, so I know I just gave the ticket to
myself. I have this variable unchanged from the default:

Set($NotifyActor, 0);

I know which scrip is doing this (again, a default scrip):

On Owner Change Notify Owner with template Transaction

Is this the desired behavior, or is this a bug? Is there any way I could
achieve the desired effect of notifying the new owner only if someone
else gives them the ticket?

I know that I could just dink around with lib/RT/Action/Notify.pm and
figure this out, but I thought someone might have some quick insight.

I'm using RT 3.4.1 (from the official Debian Sarge package).

Thanks in advance.

--df