[rt-users] Installation pain...

Jon Forrest forrest at ce.berkeley.edu
Thu Jun 9 20:26:41 EDT 2005

Jesse Vincent wrote:

>>The issue of which version of mod_perl to use also took a lot
>>of head scratching.
>>

>What made this one difficult? I thought the README was pretty direct on
>the topic, but I'd be happy to rev it to help folks out.

This was back maybe 6 months when the Wiki said don't use mod_perl2 but
there were a bunch of people using it successfully. Plus, it was hard to get
a clear answer on what the problems were with mod_perl2 because
it was changing all the time. In fact, back then it was very
confusing because mod_perl2 was actually using a 1.XXX version
number.

I haven't tried with the official mod_perl2 release so maybe
things are better.

Jon