[rt-users] Installation pain...

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Thu Jun 9 23:34:59 EDT 2005

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 05:26:41PM -0700, Jon Forrest wrote:
> Jesse Vincent wrote:
> >>The issue of which version of mod_perl to use also took a lot
> >>of head scratching.
> >
> >What made this one difficult? I thought the README was pretty direct on
> >the topic, but I'd be happy to rev it to help folks out.
> >
> This was back maybe 6 months when the Wiki said don't use mod_perl2 but
> there were a bunch of people using it successfully. Plus, it was hard to get
> a clear answer on what the problems were with mod_perl2 because
> it was changing all the time. In fact, back then it was very
> confusing because mod_perl2 was actually using a 1.XXX version
> number.
>
> I haven't tried with the official mod_perl2 release so maybe
> things are better.

Ok, this one is hard.

:-)

2.0rc4 is ok cause I'm running it.

At rc5 or rc6 (I don't recall which one), they renamed everything so
that it would *not* conflict with mod_perl1, and it caused major
namespace hell; which version of 2.0rc you need to use depends on ...
well, I'm not sure what it depends on.  It made the list here; check
the archives.

But rc4 works.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system administrator.  Or two.  --me