[rt-users] Installation pain...

Francois Meehan fmml at cedval.org
Sat Jun 11 13:46:17 EDT 2005

I am now an happy man!

Using Centos 4, and thanks to the excellent doc on the wiki
(http://wiki.bestpractical.com/index.cgi?RHEL4InstallGuide) for RED Hat
EL4 using Fastcgi, installation was a breeze.

We are now up and running with RT.

Thanks for the suggestion Les.

Really impress by Centos 4, feels just like Fedora, Mysql4, perfect.

Thanks all for your comments.

Francois

> On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 14:12, Francois Meehan wrote:
>
>> Thanks Les, I will follow your advise, I am currently installing CentOS
>> 4
>> on a spare machine and we'll see what's gonna come out of it.
>>
>> Do anyone knows if there is issue with Mod_perl with centOS 4? As anyone
>> been successfull installing RT on that OS?
>
> I'll be building a new machine soon to replace an existing FC2 with
> mysql4 as an add-on, but haven't actually done this on centos myself
> yet.  I think there are reports of mod_perl working in the mail list
> archive but I'll probably go with fastcgi instead to eliminate some
> potential apache, perl, and perl-related module dependencies and
> conflicts. Note that anything that works with RHEL4 should also work
> with Centos.
>
> --
>   Les Mikesell
>    les at futuresource.com

Random Thought:
It would be nice if the Food and Drug Administration stopped issuing warnings about toxic substances and just gave me the names of one or two things still safe to eat. - Robert Martin Fuoss, 1912 - 1980