[rt-users] Shredding, archiving... etc...

Ruslan U. Zakirov Ruslan.Zakirov at miet.ru
Sun Jun 19 13:35:37 EDT 2005

Tomas Olaj wrote:
> Ruslan; is RTx-Shredder-0.01 project still alive? It would be nice to
> delete tickets in RT API too safely.
Yes, it's alive. And I develop new release that has support for 3.4.X
and 3.5 branches. New release would be available in 1-1.5 months.

> Our Pg database is groving fast, and archiving of old tickets is now our
> agenda. Someway a solution of extracting, tickets with the concern of
> links to other tickets, and inserting into another Pg database (that can
> be hocked to a RT instance) must be done.
Now I have basic archiving: SQL log file that can be used to restore
data. I think this SQL log also can be used to import ticket into
read-only "archive RT instance" that will allow you search in the archive.
But I don't plan to implement any linking between archive instance and
main RT.

In two weeks I'll release 0.2 and may be 0.3 with all the changes I have
in the local development branch.

> As Jesse once wrote;
>
> "As far as I know, nobody's built the data migration / archiving tools
> yet. That's one of those things that I might be willing to take on if a
> specific client had an interest in making it happen.
>
> jesse"
>
> I would guess that we need to buy support for this, write our own sql
> scripts or will it be incorporated in later releases? An everlasting
or you can help me with Shredder testing or may be even hacking :)