[rt-users] Fetchmail under Windows

ken robertson rt at kenrobertson.com
Tue Jun 28 22:22:03 EDT 2005

G'day folks,

I'm trying to get  fetchmail to work in the Windows port of RT.
Currently trying rt-3.4.0-test1.exe, but previously tried rt-3.0.12.exe
with same results.  The RT component works pretty much as expected.  It
can send mails out, but it can't fetch from the mail server.  (Exchange
or qmail, I've tried both, exchange will be the real one though.).

Fetchmail responds:
reading message help at domain.name.au:1 of 2 (827 octets) RT server error.
The RT server which handled your email did not behave as expected. It said:
fetchmail: MDA returned nonzero status 75
not flushed

Scouring the archives, one thread suggested updating the cygwin1.dll.
Did that, now have v 1.5.17, that changed the error status from 127 to
75, but still no messages arrive.

Another thread said to install the cygwin package and run it as the user
who'll run fetchmail.  Tried that.

The RT service has been bounced or PC rebooted between attempts.

I see that others have been there but no definitive solution seems to
have been posted?

Can anyone assist with clues to get past this stumbling block?

--
Regards
Ken

Tablet:  A small table.