[rt-users] Fetchmail under Windows

Filip Jonckers fjonckers at Interconnect.be
Thu Jun 30 10:52:49 EDT 2005

> Fetchmail responds:
> reading message help at domain.name.au:1 of 2 (827 octets) RT
> server error.
> The RT server which handled your email did not behave as
> expected. It said:
> fetchmail: MDA returned nonzero status 75 not flushed

fetchmail cannot write temporary files..

check if you have a cygwin user home folder like:
C:\cygwin\home\helpdesk_mail
(where helpdesk_mail is the user account which does the mail fetching
(run as.. account used by scheduled tasks...)

the folder is created in the correct way by installing cygwin and
running it when logged on as the above account
(well that was the only way I could get it running)

> Another thread said to install the cygwin package and run it
> as the user who'll run fetchmail.  Tried that.

we definetely need a better way in windows to handle the mail
processing...
for outbound mails we should use the SMTP service as included in Windows
200x Server

Filip
Interconnect

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This E-mail message and any documents which accompany it are intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader is not the intended recipient, any disclosure, distribution or other use of this E-mail message is prohibited.  If you have received this E-mail message in error, please delete and notify the sender immediately.  Thank you.