[rt-users] HowTo send email about 'new' tickets -- RTv3.4.2

Bruce Kingsland brucekingsland at eAcceleration.com
Wed Jun 29 21:14:36 EDT 2005

We've finally got our org to request assistance by sending email to
itHelp@<us.com>, which redirects to rt@<us.com> as well as a copy to
itTalk@<us.com>. This creates a ticket in rt, and notifies us all that a
ticket got created. Unfortunately, email solutions get generated that
don't always end up recorded by RT, and RT creates new tickets for every
single thread component.

We can fix that by making it so itHelp only goes to rt and *not* to
itTalk. However, that fix prevents us from getting any notification that
a ticket was created. What we'd like RT to do is to bcc itTalk, but none
of the online help has been useful in making that happen. I even tried a
variation of the scrip for notifying us of 'old unowned tickets', but I
still can't get RT to send out a notice to the itTalk group on new
ticket creation.

Pointers would be most helpful.

Thanx!
-bk