[rt-users] Ticket Escalation without Updated field being updated

Russell Mosemann mose at ns.cune.edu
Wed Mar 2 15:21:24 EST 2005

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005, Ben Goodwin wrote:

> I'm not so sure this is the case; I have the following in one of my scrips:
>
>   # Don't RecordTransaction, else a Scrip loop will occur!
>   $self->TicketObj->AddCustomFieldValue (Field => $cf->id,
>                                          Value => $newValue,
>                                          RecordTransaction => 0);

That approach works.  Copy lib/RT/Action/EscalatePriority.pm to
EscalatePriority_Local.pm and change the line at the bottom in Commit from

   my ($val, $msg) = $self->TicketObj->SetPriority($self->{'prio'});

   my ($val, $msg) = $self->TicketObj->_Set(Field => 'Priority',
                                            Value => $self->{'prio'},
                                            RecordTransaction => 0);

Of course, use at your own risk.  This will keep long-term tickets from
filling up with priority change transactions when escalated.

----
Russell Mosemann, Ph.D. * Computing Services * Concordia University, Nebraska
"More flour!  Scotty, we need more flour!" - Capt. Kirk in the galley