[rt-users] What's your e-mail stop/silent button?

Oliver Thomas othomas at MIT.EDU
Fri Mar 4 12:56:09 EST 2005

I'm curious what you are using as your "STOP" button. We are currently
migrating from a home-grown system to RT. Our old system had deny and
silent lists which tell it to either completely disregard mail from an
address on the deny list, or to never auto-reply to an address on the
silent list. It also has the feature of introducing a 5-minute delay
into replies going to addresses outside our domain, which has saved our
bacon a few times and kept the database from exploding if there was a
loop with an outside 'bot that went unnoticed for a while.

I'm hoping to duplicate some or all of that functionality in RT. Deny
is pretty easy by just toggling the bit that allows an address/user to
use RT. For the other two we are debating on whether they should live
in RT scrips processing incoming mail, in a wrapper script for
rt-mailgate, or whether they can be implemented in some other clever
way.

How does everyone else do it?

Thanks,

Oliver